alidiabin: (Default)
[personal profile] alidiabin
 So remember that creative writing competion I was going to enter. 

I entered it, but I entered using "Hidden Secrets" the story about the girl who finds out her grandpa was a Nazi, you know the one I wrote for school. (Yes, it won the award at school, but to be fair most of KGC had English as a second language, so I had an unfair advantage). 

I wanted to write something new, but I kinda lost my original fic muse. Yes, I can smack out fanfic like mad (it's the 29th and I published 25 fics on FFN since Jan 1st and most were newly written), but I really feel uncomfortable showing off my original stuff, until I'm ready and I feel it's ready. 

It never said in the rules that the story had to be written with in the competition time,  just that it had to be unpublished, which it is. 

I still feel like I am cheating though. 

Date: Jan. 29th, 2012 04:04 pm (UTC)
dragonheart: (Ducky ssshhhh)
From: [personal profile] dragonheart
I remember that story and it was very good.

If it falls within the permissable guidelines it is not cheating. If you feel as if it a "short cut", then perhaps you could do some edits to the story - add other dimensions or layers to it.

I know I sometimes read a story I have already posted and think "darn, I should added "this" or "that" element. It would have fleshed it out a bit more, etc.

Profile

alidiabin: (Default)
alidiabin

July 2020

S M T W T F S
   1234
5678910 11
12131415161718
19202122232425
262728293031 

Most Popular Tags

Page Summary

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 22nd, 2026 04:48 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios